Monday, January 27, 2014

Mani Monday - A Little Leopard

A typical Sunday for me includes grading last week's assignments, lesson planning for the coming week, making the week's lunches, and cleaning the house. It's a blast.

Then, once all that is done, I settle in to watch Girls on HBO and paint my nails. 

Sometimes I do something boring and basic, other times I create a fun design. Either way, I usually get complements from my friends, coworkers, and students...so I thought I would share my weekly masterpieces.

A Little Leopard

I went shopping a few weekends ago, and stopped by Nordstrom to look for a pretty, peachy Julep polish I had pinned on Pinterest. Couldn't find it. But what I did find was these fun leopard print nail wraps.
They didn't have a preview of the leopard...this is snakeprint...also cute.

I've never tried Nail Wraps. I always assumed they would be a huge hassle and peel off after a day or so. I was wrong! The first time I tried them, they stayed on for over a week!

I'm not someone who would put these on all of my fingers at one. Using them for an accent nail, you can really make them last and the $9.95 price tag a great deal!

I paired these leopard nail wraps with my OPI Midnight in Moscow. It's a great dark red/brown color. Gorgeous. I think it would also look great with Essie Bordeaux.

I used my Sephora Formula X System on the regular polish, and just brushed some topcoat on the tip of my accent nail to seal the wraps. I guess that worked fine. Here is the result. I like it a lot!

 

Do you like using nail wraps or creating nail art? If you have a blog or pinboard, I'd love to follow!

If you like, please share! If not...constructive criticism!

Thanks,

Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment